Greenhouse with double-glazed windows is relevant not just in regions with cold weather, but also in other suburban zones for prolonging the amount of fruit-bearing of greenhouse plants or yearlong use.
The Benefits of such glazing are undoubted:
- Outstanding thermal insulation will protect crops from early frosts.
- Double glass avoids sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight construction reduces heat loss when heating the greenhouse, and consequently saves energy.
- Packages will not suffer with strong winds, rain or hail.
- The service lifetime of glazing together with proper treatment is over a couple of years.
- The aesthetic look of glazing enables you to not conceal the greenhouse from the backyard, and put in it even in the front lawn. Some proprietors of original contour greenhouses make them of the major decoration of the lawn or garden.
Furthermore, manufacturers offer double-glazed windows with a set of necessary functions, including special coatings for heat and energy conserving , protection against mechanical impacts and reduced temperatures, in addition to soundproofing.
Procedure of auto-ventilation of greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows may be with specific vents for ventilation, that can be equipped with devices with the use of automatic opening. This is extremely convenient, because not necessarily the owners have the opportunity to ventilate the greenhouse in time. For instance, the French are actively using such greenhouses as the late 16th century to the present day. Rest assured: that a glass will become your servant for a long time to come.
- Glass doesn’t keep UV beams, which are essential for rapid plant growth and fruit ripening, thereby allowing you to take advantage of the power of sunlight.
- Should you use tempered or laminated (thermal) glass, this arrangement could withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the kind of large hail, intense heat and also strong frost is not going to be any problem with the construction).
- For greenhouses made from glass is characterized by exceptional insulation. Furthermore, there is a chance to put in heating devices in them.
Of course, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, that should be taken into consideration when building it. For instance, the fact that glass is quite heavy substance (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), has to impact the presence of a good foundation, in addition to the construction of a solid structure – framework.
How to build a greenhouse from glass yourself
On a sunny day, the transparent coating of greenhouses lets short-wave solar power. It is absorbed by dark surfaces (soil, equipment, plants), turns right into long-wave radiation and stays in the structure. This transformation occurs with the discharge of warmth, which produces a greenhouse effect inside the greenhouse.
So, glass windows flawlessly allow the sun’s rays within the space and almost completely keep the rear radiation, not allowing it to venture out. In other words, unlike film, glass has become the most heat-saving substance, and this is among the masterseptika.ru main features of a fantastic greenhouse.